The Delp Details

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Water Fights and Life Lessons

A couple of days ago, Simeon and I were 'washing' dishes in the kitchen. Simeon LOVES water and loves playing in it which helps me (Kim) with getting the dishes done. Anyway, during our 'washing' Simeon started flinging water (not unusual). I said in response to this "Simeon, this isn't the place for that." (Calmly of course)...
As I heard the words come out of my mouth, I thought to myself, "This sounds like an adult talking and scolding". What better place to fling water than in our house, in our kitchen? So, instead of doing the good adult thing and continuing the wash dishes, I proceeded to fling water back at Simeon. His face was priceless! He just looked at me with big eyes and then started laughing and flinging more water. After a few minutes, we were both soaked as well as the kitchen, but it was SO much fun and I wouldn't trade the sweet sounds of laughter for anything-not even a dry kitchen.
My life lesson for today:
Don't be too busy, or too 'adult-like' to take advantage of fun kid-like opportunities that your kids will remember.

No comments: