The Delp Details

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Leftover turkey and trimmings???? What to do?




Have you ever wondered what to do with your turkey and trimmings leftovers after Thanksgiving or Christmas? I have a great solution! I guess I shouldn't say it is mine, I stole it from my mother-in-law one year when all of us got together and we had leftovers. What else is there to do, but make a casserole?
Now, for those of you very sectional eaters out there, you may be thinking "casserole, NO WAY!" I can understand. My hubby likes his foods separated and eats them one at a time. I hear your scoffs and reservations. However, I have to say-it is JUST wonderful. Here is the way I did it today:
I didn't have a lot of leftover dressing, so I started with the turkey on the bottom-enough to cover the whole bottom of your pan. I used a 9X13 pan, but you can use whatever size you want, depending on how many leftovers there are. After the turkey, I put dressing, then corn, a think layer of gravy, then mashed potatoes,then ended with gravy. I covered it with foil and put it in the freezer for a day when I didn't want to cook! You can do this casserole to whatever taste you like-whatever layers you like-although I always end with potatoes and gravy. Depending on how many leftovers you have-you can always give it to friends or your fav single friend who would probably really enjoy it.
Hope you try it!

No comments: