The Delp Details

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Just a glimpse...

Well, this is only our second post and I don't even want to mention how long it took just to do this. Some of you may have seen these pictures before, but some may not have. Most of them are of our trip to Ecuador this June. It was defintely an amazing trip! We got to do so many things on this trip that would take 2 blog sites to talk about. The main highlights were; visiting an orphanage, visiting (and working) in 2 hospitals, working in a home for abandoned elderly, and doing a kids club and handing out bread in the city dump. Probably the most profound experience of our lives was visiting the dump. We took 11 high school kids with us, so I thought I would be trying to help them put their heads around this experience, little did I know that I would be a basket case even before visiting the first person in the dump! I still have trouble sometimes with this experience. As amazing as it was, I have never felt more useless in all my life than handing out bread to starving people LIVING in a garbage dump and then leaving. I wanted to stay so bad, I think all of us did. I will write more on that at a different time as every couple weeks or so I go back to the experience.
Most of the other pictures are of these experiences. We loved the orphanage and realized even more that that is what God has called us to do with our lives. We so wished we could have stayed down there, but realize that our place (unfortunately sometimes) is here right now and that we are hear to prepare for the future. Not always an easy thing to do.
The other picture you see is of us and our two puppies-Hireq (pronounced "hear-ek") and Patah (pronounced "pa-ta") These are our orny 1 year old pups that are named after Hebrew vowels. Joel was taking his Hebrew intensive class when we got the dogs so instead of sparky or spot, they got names that no one can pronounce. Anyway, we love them lots and they keep us entertained.
Well, until next time...

5 comments:

D&K said...

Those pics are incredible. I want to know more details...where are you two at in life? I don't even know where you live!

Glad you're blogging.

DK

D&K said...

Nevermind...I'm an idiot. Just looked at the top right hand corner.

Hummel Family said...

Yipee, we have pics to look at! You both look great. I can't wait to hear more of your Summer Adventure. I will be in prayer for the two of you as you prepare yourselves here in the USA!

Love you
JoEllen

Hummel Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the lambs said...

Great to see you up and running online. We'll look forward to checking in on the Delps!