The Delp Details

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Busy life or full life?????

This weekend, I (Kim) went on a retreat with about 20-30 other woman from our church. I must admit, I was excited , but a little unsure at what it would be like since all the retreats I have been on have been high school youth group stuff, college stuff, or taking a high school youth group on a retreat. This time I would have to act like an adult which at times can be difficult for me. It turned out to be a great weekend! We had a great speaker named Ruth Hill who mixed the word with a lot of humor. The theme verse for this weekend was John 10:10:

"I have come that YOU might have LIFE, and have it to the FULL."

I realized a lot this weekend and just thought I would share some of it. Number one, I needed to determine if my life was just busy or if it was FULL. For those of you that know me, we are really busy. However, I couldn't help feeling often that I seemed to waste an awful lot of time for being so BUSY. I realized that I fill my life with so many things that I miss out on a full life. I make so many excuses for NOT spending time in prayer, meditation, and the Word because of being busy. The great thing is that God has somehow still been able to use my flaws and shortcomings for His glory and His kingdom, but I couldn't help wondering how much more He could use me if I was seeking to be used.
I don't know about you, but I LOVE noise. As much as I can say that I hate the cell phone ringing, all the beeping at work (which I hear in my sleep some times), I have to have noise in my life. Even when I want to relax and be still, I constantly feel I have to have music on or something. I wonder why? Am I scared to hear what God wants to tell me? Well, I could go on and on, but the bottom line is my life is just...busy, it's not full. It's not always satisfying, just busy. I want more than that, I want to be able to say I have an abundantly full life. I don't want to settle for just having mediocrity in my life. I want more than that. I want life to the full. I can't wait to see what the means and where that takes my relationship with God. I'll keep you updated!
How "Busy" or "Full" is your life?

1 comment:

Robin said...

Great thoughts! I think I've always been the Martha of "Mary and Martha"-- good busy, but not best busy. Or as you would say, "Full." I find that the most distracting things are often good things to be doing. Just not what God wants most from us: a heart that makes time for Him.

So, how did acting like an adult go? I don't think I could do it! :-)