The Delp Details

Friday, May 30, 2008

Prince Caspian

We saw Prince Caspian last night and really enjoyed it. Have you all seen it? WHat did you think? I haven't read the book since I was a kid, I should have before I saw the movie. It is interesting, for those of you who saw the Lord of the Rings, there were a lot of similarities. The help from the trees, the help from the water. We were wondering, who wrote which book first, Tolkien or Lewis? We really enjoyed it and I am sad it hasn't gotten the viewing that was expected. I suppose it is hard going up against Indiana Jones. I highly recommend seeing it. I did think there were some scenes not suitable for young children. My 5 year old niece saw it and was scared in some places. So, what did y'all think? For the trailer, click on the link above.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I saw it! I enjoyed it but thought the first one was better (and, of course, Lord of the Rings trumps all). There was some hard core theology which was awesome, but it didn't have the same emotional pull. Did you know Tolkien and Lewis were best friends?

Jaena said...

We want to see it but have to find someone brave enough to watch all 3 kids. :) I, too, was going to comment on Tolkien and Lewis' friendship.

About the milk bank...the lactation consultant at the hospital told me about it. I guess there are several in the nation, but ours (in Indianapolis) is fairly new.

When I had Elisha and had pumped tons of milk, I ended up dumping it out because I was not able to find anywhere nearby to donate it.