The Delp Details

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's OFFICIAL

We have OFFICIALLY been accepted as short term MISSIONARIES, yes I said MISSIONARIES for the Evangelical Covenant Church! Our plan...
We are actually not going to be going to Ecuador for at least a year. I will finish up my last year of graduate work and then HOPEFULLY I will be able to do my residency (similar to what a doctor has to do, it's 300 hours of clinical work in the field)in Ecuador working with either a nurse practitioner or a doctor. We will plan in going in either fall of winter of '09 for a 1-year short term experience, come back to the states and finish raising our support, and then go LONG TERM! We are so pumped and I just thought I would share it. The dream is getting closer.

5 comments:

the lambs said...

That's awesome you guys!!

Jodi said...

YEAAAAHHHH!!! It must feel so good to have a PLAN! :) How exciting - you've waited so long for this!!! I'm THRILLED for you!

Robin said...

Yeah! Congratulations! I hope you get to do your residency hours in Ecuador since it would be so practical for you. But 300 hours!? No fair! We had to do 4,000! It's going to be over before you know it!

Amy said...

Congratulations! :)

Unknown said...

WOOO HOOO! That is awesome! Equador huh. Did you choose Equador or is that kind of where they recommended that you go? Congrats girl! I know you've been waiting and planning for this for a long time.