The Delp Details

Sunday, May 06, 2007

On strict orders from my mom, I am posting about my wonderful couple days back home in Indiana!
I was so excited to get to spend time with my mom and dad for my mom's birthday. We had cake and tons of food out at our fav restuarants.
On Friday night, I got to spend time with some of the girls (and one boy) that I went to high school with. A lot of these I haven't seen for 5 or 6 years! It was such a priviledge to be in the presence of so many women (and men) of faith. Like Kelli said, my cheeks hurt the next day from so much laughing! What a great feeling. It was so amazing to catch up on each of their lives and see where they are and what they are doing. Just a re-cap for my mom.
Going from this picture of all of us. You know me and what I am doing. Carrie K is a nurse and paramedic. Please keep her and her fam in your prayers. Her brother was recently killed in Iraq. Bethany H is doing her residency right now in Indianapolis at Riley Children's. I always knew she'd be a great doc. WIsh I could work with her! Kelli is back right now from Laos and is seeking God's will on what is next. Geoffrey H and his fiance (Lydia) were back for one week planning for the wedding. They live in China and will after the wedding. Melissa lives on the south side of Indy with her husband who is a policeman. Her little girl Sydney is precious and looks just like her. It was so cool to see her as a mom. She's great at it! Allison lives in Muncie with her husband Chad. You can't mistake her little boy as being hers. WOW! THey look so much alike. His name is Jackson. Heather and her husband (Joel, good name!) live in Noblesville. He is finishing his masters and she is working at Taylor. She's going to be taking a trip to Ecuador soon! YEAH!
Jennifer and her husband live in Arizona! She likes it hot! She is just as fun as ever! She is working on getting her counseling license. How cool would it be to have her as a counselor?!
We also talked to Ashley on the phone. She couldn't come. Her and Ryan live in Noblesville. She recently became an AUNT!
Can I just say that this was such a highlight for me. It is so awesome to literally be able to watch people grow up and then reconnect to see where God has brought them from and where they are now. They really are changing the world!
What a blessing to be in the presence and to catch up.
God is good!







Mom and Dad Carter







Allison and Jackson and Mel and Sydney



THe ones that stayed later! Sydney wanted to hang with da girls!



Allison and Jackson



Sydney and Mel






The smilers! I just love these girls. They have helped shape who I am today! Colleen and Kel


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! What a fun evening and a wonderful blog. Had to check it out as soon as I turned on the computer this a.m. You have some beautiful friends!! And it was great to have you home!

Love you muchly,

MOM

Amy said...

I tagged you for a short meme on my site this afternoon. :)

Chista said...

This has nothing to do with your post. I just wanted to let you know that i tried the hummus, and all i can say is it is definetly an aquired taste. I won't give up on it though. I'll keep eating it whenever i am feeling brave. I'm glad you had a great trip! Talk to you soon.