The Delp Details

Saturday, December 30, 2006

BOOKS I AM READING

So, I don't know if you are like this, but unfortunately, I buy a lot of books! I LOVE BOOKS. I love to read too, but often don't have time to read a lot of the books I buy. I have been getting a little help with this because I recently joined a book club. We recently finished,
The Red Tent -a VERY good book and highly recommended.

Two books I am reading right now:
Leaving the Saints-How I lost the Mormons and found my faith.
My recommendation: about a 5 out of 10. Maybe a 3 out of 10. It's interesting in the fact that you find out a lot about the Mormon faith. Martha Beck is a little 'interesting' in her writing. We'll leave it at that.

I recently started East of Eden. I have never read it. So I can't really make any recommendation. Plus I am on page 1 so...
What are your opinions about East of Eden?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read East of Eden, but I've read many of Steinbeck's other works. In fact, I read so many in high school as elective reading, my teacher told me I had to stop reading Steinbeck and read another author's works. Needless to say, I've enjoyed everything of Steinbeck's I've ever read.

Unknown said...

Thanks Robin. I was the slacker in H.S. I think the only book I read thorougly for any class was TO Kill a Mockingbird.
I'll let you know how it is.

Anonymous said...

The Red Tent was fabulous :) Loved it as well.

I just finished "Falling Leaves" and it was a beautifully written, tragic, powerful book. I highly recommend it if you're looking to add to your stack. ;) Happy New Year guys!

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to do a book club.. maybe someday...