The Delp Details

Friday, November 17, 2006

3 Things

There are 3 things that have gotten me through this week. Number one is my husband. My husband is wonderful! I know I have said that before, but he truly is. Not only is he my husband, he is my best friend. Through these last couple months, wow! He has just been amazing. The ups and downs of the stresses we have gone through. He has been amazing! This is one of my fav pictures of him with one of our nieces!








The second thing that has made this week easier is a new song from one of my favorite groups superchick. The song is
"Stand in the Rain!" If you haven't heard this group-you've got to!!! They are amazing. This song has been the first thing that is in my head when I wake up in the morning and the thing that comes back in it amidst the craziness of classes and work. A bit from the song...
Stand in the rain, stand your ground, stand up when its all crashing down. You stand through the pain, you won't drown and one day what's lost can be found, you stand in the rain...
It has been so powerful for me this week as I feel like all I know about me and what I am good at etc...I feel solid knowing God is with me standing in the rain.


The third thing that has helped this week...
Peppermint Mochas from Starbucks! I know, I am totally that yuppy girl, but I LOVE THEM!

What are your 3 things?

4 comments:

Angela/SciFiChick said...

mmm.. starbucks..
3 things that have gotten me through this week:
1 - knowing that next week is thanksgiving & will be a short work week..
2- and getting to head down to Atlanta with the family for Thanksgiving (my aunt is an amazing cook... being Itlalian and all..)
3- reading good books every spare moment i have.

Jaena said...

1. My husband (also amazing and wonderful)
2. Getting out of the house a couple of times :)
3. A friend's shoulder to cry on

Robin said...

I had a tough week too.

Here are my three things:

1. My husband -- especially that he has a small class in the late evening, and he's been getting home BEFORE 11:00 p.m. this week, and he has the next week off from work, which has lightened his homework load.

2. My circle of e-friends. My schedule doesn't allow for many girls nights out, but email encouragement and surfing my blogworld reminds me that God is working in many different ways in many different lives.

3. Changing over from summer clothes to winter clothes this week. I love sweaters and snuggly pjs, and bringing out the boxes of winter clothes makes me feel like I have a whole new wardrobe without spending a dime!

Unknown said...

1. An evening with some girl friends where conversation is open, personal and fun of laughter.
2. An email or two from Eric every day while I'm at work, just to tell me he loves me.
3. Being given the gift of two days and nights kid free to get all of the things done that I never get done. This also means living in a clean space for two days- amazingly refreshing!