The Delp Details

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Girls Day Out!


So I had emailed my mom a few days ago and talked about how crazy hectic things were here and how it has been a bit lonely since I don't really have a whole lot of friends or time to hang out with the friends I do have. I told her I missed being so close where I could just call her up and we could meet for lunch or go shopping, etc...
Well she emailed a couple days ago and said lets meet in Merrillville (about an hour from Chicago) for a GIRLS DAY OUT! Well, today was our day. We met about 11AM and ate at IHOP and ended up talking there for 2 or 3 hours. We decided we should at least walk around the mall-we did that and talked more and of course-hit our fav Bath and Body Works to stock up on some new stuff. Then we went back out to eat at Red Lobster and talked more! We had such a fun day. It was so wonderful to be able to just relax and talk and catch up on life. I miss my mom lots-she's my best friend and its hard being away. I know I am only in Chicago-what happens when we move to the mission field? Well, I know God will sustain me once we cross that bridge. For now, I am so thankful for GIRLS Day out and so thankful that God has blessed me with such a great mom. I couldn't ask for a better mom or a better best friend!

2 comments:

Hummel Family said...

awe, how sweet. It actually brought tears to my eyes. Aren't Mothers the BEST? My mom is my bestfriend too, and I miss her all the time, seeing that we live 5 hours apart.

Cheers to Girls Day out!!!

Love
JoEllen

Robin said...

You two look so pretty! I'm glad you had a good time! I wish my mom wasn't so far away too. . .