The Delp Details

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

My best friend, my husband

This is one of my nieces Braedyn and my best friend-he just happens to be my husband. I love this picture a ton! It just makes me smile every time I look at it.
I had to write about my husband because, well, I just love him so much. I was so proud of him this weekend as I watched him preach his first sermon in the "big" church. Right now he is doing his internship at our church for seminary. He had preached once before at church, but it was the weekend that most of the congregation was at our church picnic in Wisconsin. Last Sunday, a ton of people were there. His parents and aunt and uncle were also there. We sat right in the front row (no pressure), so we had a front row seat.
I knew that he was going to be preaching on John 13-Jesus washing the disciples feet, but didn't realize how much it would touch me and how I felt he lives out the message he was preaching. The basics of the sermon was that Jesus washed the disciples feet and then sent them out to wash other's feet. He also led by serving. Of all the people I know, I feel my husband is such a servant leader. He is the most loyal friend anyone could ever have. After the service was over, I was just so proud of him. Of course me being so emotional, I started crying. But I realized how truly blessed I am to have the husband I do. I am so excited to see what God is going to do through him.
Thanks Joely for being my husband and my best friend!

No comments: