The Delp Details

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas Inquiry

Well, I am sitting here with some down time at work thinking to myself..."O my goodness! It is December 3 and I have no idea what to do for Christmas this year." I have tried to actually send a card, letter or something since we have been married which is MUCH more organized than I usually am. Each year however, I wonder..."What do people WANT to know?" Do people even care? Do people really want to know the ins and outs of our year or do they just want a card? Do they want an email saying hey how are ya?
I struggle with the whole mask issue too! I mean most letters I have always sent always paint a pretty picture of the past year. You gotta wonder what people's years were really like. Not that people lie, but sometimes you just want to say, "My year stunk! Here's why?" Anyway, not that I want to send a letter like that, but I just feel if we are truly friends with people and our families truly love us if I DID send a letter like that-that they would STILL love me afterward and during.
All this to say...
What do YOU want to hear from you friends and family? Card? Letter? Picture? Nothing? What about from us? What do you want from us?
P.S...We leave for Ecuador tomorrow...
Please keep us in your prayers...

3 comments:

Amy said...

I hope your trip is, well, educational. ;) You're in my prayers!

You've done a lot of traveling, right? Why not highlight the great spots you've visited, what you've learned, and what God's preparing you for? I'd include your blog address so if people are interested in the nitty-gritty, day-to-day, they can check in on you.

I have a hard time sending Christmas letters, too. Now that we have 4 kids, it's easier to send a group pic in January (which I've decided to do this year) and wish everyone a great new year.

Have fun!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Anonymous said...

Hello, just fell upon your site through the Hummels page and found it interesting that you guys are looking into Ecuador for a missions trip. My in-laws are natives of Panama and are currently building a church and congregation in the jungles of Panama. Much like the pictures you have, it's poverty stricken and kids fight for the little food they can get. It's nice to know that those other countries are being reached with the good news of the Gods word. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I have dreams of sending out letters... this year it's a picture of the kids. I wouldn't mind getting a "real life" letter from friends, though. I hate the ones that are "braggy" or that are too detailed. I like finding out what people are doing these days and what they expect for the new year. Tell us about your puppies!