The Delp Details

Thursday, August 10, 2006

We're Home

I just thought I would post a few pictures from our Alaska trip. We did A LOT of work and are still recovering. But here are a few that I thought you may enjoy. To the left is a view from a boat tour we took at the end of the trip.

It is Silver Salmon Season in Alaska and we took major advantage of it. A native couple took out team out fishing-Joel caught the last fish of the day and I caught 2!







Yes this is me with a power tool! I used a lot of other ones. The other lady and I on the trip put in the first two windows on the house! GIRLPOWER! We were so excited to have tool belts and power tools.
This is a picture of us on the beach in the bush village of Elim. It was such a great village and the people were wonderful! I will post more info about the trip, but thought you might enjoy the pictures.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Welcome back! I've been praying for your trip and for your ministry there. Thanks for the update!

smithy said...

Hey you. Looks like fun!! How about changing the date on your camera goofy!! Looks like you were there in 2004. One day you will not be able to even remember what day it is....much less when you went to Alaska!!! Love ya, Carey R.

Kim and Joel said...

Carey-
I know I'm stupid. We had to put a new battery in the camera and I couldn't figure out how to change the date. I wondered who would point it out! Love ya girl!

Chista said...

Sounds like you had a blast, the pictures are awesome. I look forward to hearing more.

Chista said...

oh did i mention those fish were ginormous, the biggest fish i ever caught was about the size of my palm, wait that is the only fish i have ever caught, anyways good job bass master