The Delp Details

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pray CONTINUALLY?

A couple of days ago, I was thinking of friends and family and situations that I was going to be praying for throughout the day that day and I got really overwhelmed. Overwhelmed by the amount of things that my friends and family are going through-separations, adoptions, trying to have a baby, surgeries, depression, loss of family members, and so, so many more. I don't know if others every feel this way, but I just felt overwhelmed. I have wrestled with this in my head because I don't know if this is right or not, I mean, praying for my friends, family and others is not a burden, in fact, I'm glad people trust me enough to allow me to walk with them and lift them up to Jesus. I still just keep thinking though, HOW much there is to pray for and that I don't know if I can keep up. Sometimes I think, 'do my prayers even matter?' Then I felt like Jesus was saying to me again for like the 100th time-TRUST ME! 'I AM IN CONTROL' This is the verse that came to my head...

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
New International Version (NIV)
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
How POWERFUL! Pray CONTINUALLY-not just when you feel like it or when things are going great or when it's easy! PRAY CONTINUALLY! When it's hard, overwhelming, frustrating and even when you feel it doesn't matter-because it does! God hears!

This picture is from our last Sunday at our home church when the congregation laid hands on us and prayed for us. It is a great reminder to me to know that there are many people lifting US up and it encourages me to keep lifting others to Jesus daily, continually.


No comments: