The Delp Details

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ecuador, Ecuador, Ecuador!

Hey y'all!

This is Joel and I'm doing my first ever post on our blog!!! Whoo-hoo!!! Sorry for not being the communication giant that Kim is....

I had to blog becuase I just got back from... well... I guess you can probably tell by the title.
I had a fantastic trip! It was a part of our church's (Northwest Covenant) every 3 year youth mission trip to Ecuador. Kim and I went 3 years ago and that is where we started feeling like Ecuador may be where we will end up. We've visited one more time since then, but since I am between jobs, it worked out perfectly for me to head down to South America for 9 days.

We were again helping our missionary friends Karen and Carlos Feijoo with the ministries they are a part of. Our primary work was in the small town of Carabuela, which is a town just outlying Otavalo, where one of the world's best markets is located. There we were helping Fundacion Amor A La Vida, a foundation dedicated to youth of Carabuela. Here some pictures of the foundation and kids.












We were able to fix up those desks that you see above. We also did a lot of other work at the Foundation and ran a VBS and just loved on a bunch kids. It was a ton of fun!

The kids on the trip have created a blog so you can track their progress... http://www.nwccyouth2008.blogspot.com/

I guess I could get into a lot more details, but I'll just share pictures for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joel and Kim,
It was exciting to read your blog and even more exciting to see how close you are to being on your way to Ecuador. YOu have really been faithful and worked hard. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Twana