The Delp Details

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Turkey Try

On Sunday, I tried my hand at making a Turkey dinner with all the trimmings. On Thanksgiving I realized I had never done this before and I didn't know if I could. I have watched my grandma, aunt and mom do this for years, but had never done it before. Well, it turned out pretty well. We had some friends over. The doggies even wanted some of the leftovers! OF COURSE!! I also tried (2 times) at making my grandma's roll recipe. It wasn't quite as good as hers, but wow, they were pretty good. It was great to have that taste again. The picture of Joel sitting is putting all the leftovers together! It was tons of fun! I'm glad to know that if I HAD to do it, I could. I think mom's is better though!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful--the table with the beautiful tablecloth, the rolls (wow, you are one up on me, and all the rest. I knew you could do it. It is a lot of work -huh. Good job!

MOM

Amy said...

I love that centerpiece! The first time I baked a ham, I dressed it with pineapple rings the way Barry likes it. It was Sunday, so I put it in the oven before we left for church. I was so proud of myself--only to come home and discover I'd left the plastic wrapper on the ham!

Amy said...

Great job! It all looks really good :)

Jodi said...

Please pass me the rolls!