The Delp Details

Saturday, May 06, 2006

UMMMM? Just thinkin...

Have you ever thought about what kind of legacy you want to leave? Maybe not too much, but lately I guess I have. I see a lot of people around me having children, knowing one day that this is probably where we will be someday too. Even not thinking about having kids, I think about what I want to leave behind once I am not here. Do I want to be the next Billy Graham? Maybe someone who gives elequent speeches like Martin Luther King Jr, maybe someone who changes a generation of Christians like Martin Luther. Maybe I could do great research in nursing and be a new Florence Nightengale.
You know what? I don't want to be 'like' other people. I am pretty happy so far with who God has created ME to be. I know God has plans for myself and for Joel. We have a pretty big vision on our plate right now. I don't want to leave the legacy that someone else has already left. I want to leave a 'new' legacy, the legacy Jesus has given to me to leave. I look forward to seeing what that is. Anyway, I was just thinkin...

No comments: