The Delp Details

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Stress, Stress, and more Stress

I know we all have stress, some people more than others. Some stress is brought on by the person and some people I guess are just put in stressful situations. Well, this week has been pretty stressful. I know being a nurse how bad stress is for a person. Some stress is good-but I think how much I am having right now...NOT so good!
I will spare everyone all the details of my week, and just hit highlights. If you get nothing out of this post, please just keep me in your prayers.
Well, I was scheduled to work 4 hour night shifts this week (you can count how many hours that is) as well as having a big Pathophysiology test on Wednesday. Because of the amount of time I worked (luckily I ended up working only 3, 12 hour shifts), I was not able to study very much, not much at all. Now, I did this a lot in undergrad and tests usually came out ok-I obviously did pretty well in undergrad and I think I am a pretty good nurse. However, I failed this test with a capital F! I know I am not a stupid person-but it has really made me think..."What was I thinking going back to get a master's?" I feel pretty confident in the direction God is leading both Joel and I. I even know He is in control. I really feel like this is what I am supposed to do-but it makes me feel pretty stupid!!! I don't like that feeling. OK, so that was alot of details. The other thing that happened was at work, let's just say they changed a policy where instead of having a transportation person take people to the "place where people go when they die in a hospital" WE now take them there. I will definetly spare you those details and just tell you that it was the most traumatic thing I have ever done in my life!
I apologize for this blog. I do not want to be depressing or sad, and I do not want to be offensive in how I word things. Again, I just ask for your prayers as well as ANY advice you have to combat stress.

3 comments:

Hummel Family said...

I will remember you in my prayers, Kim! Thank you for letting us know how you are doing...that way we can uplift you with the power of prayer!!!

Chista said...

Kimberly Ann, i'm sorry to hear about all that is going on, check out my blog. You are in my prayers friend. 2 Thessalonians 3:16

Josh Garlow said...

WOW.
DON'T quit because of one bad week.
Stress is a part of life.
I'm convinced that if what you're doing doesn't stress you out every once in a while, it's probably not worth doing.
I'll pray for you tonight.
-josh- a fellow stress case